Float Copper w/ Calcite, Malachite & Chrysocolla (Cu9.0)
This beautiful specimen was cut in-house from a 360lb. copper nugget sourced in the Keweenaw Peninsula.
- It was carried by glaciers during the last ice age, which eneded some 12,000 years ago.
- It was then deposited in its end moraine & subsequently unearthed by metal detecting (on private land with mineral rights).
- All of the polished portions have been polished with a high grade lacquer to prevent oxidation.
- Sourced: Keweenaw Peninsula, MI USA
- Minerals: Copper, Datolite, Malachite, and Chrysocolla
- Size: 2.5' x 3' x 7"