Michigan Float Copper (Cu15)
- This special piece contains a significant amount of Silver in addition to copper, Malachite and Cuprite.
- This unique specimen of Float Copper was carried by glaciers during the last ice age, which ended some 12,000 years ago.
- It was then deposited in its end moraine & subsequently unearthed by metal detecting (on private land with mineral rights).
- We cut the base & polish the face to a mirror-like shine with a high grade lacquer to prevent oxidation.
- Sourced: Keweenaw Peninsula, Michigan USA
- Minerals: Copper, Silver, Malachite, Cuprite
- Size: 11" x 1" x 11"